The college student who posed as Meg for the front cover of Glass Girl has a lot more going on than traffic-stopping beauty. Allie is a senior at Texas A&M University, majoring in education, and one of the sweetest girls you could ever meet. She’s a Christian who made the decision long ago to hang onto her high morals and she’s brave enough to be different.
I’ve known her since she was nine when she had knees that were constantly torn up from riding bikes, playing sports, and acting silly. She’s always done her best to keep me in the know. When I stand close to her, I might be cool by association.
Here are some specific ways Allie keeps me from embarrassing myself: She’ll be honest if I’m wearing something that won’t work. She reminds me I don’t have to yell when I use Bluetooth in my car. She goes to weird movies with me so I won’t have to go alone and look like a loser. She shares my love for Mexican food and live music.
A brief Q and A with Allie:
- Toms or Sandals? Sandals
- NIV or ESV? NIV
- Ombre nails or Matte Nails? Ombre
- 80s or 90s? 90s
- Switchfoot or Eli Young? Eli Young
- T-shirt and shorts or tank and miniskirt? T-shirt and shorts
- Dinner and a movie or pizza and football? Pizza and football
- The Beiber or Hunter Hayes? I tried to pick, but I can’t. Love them both.
- Urban Outfitters or Anthropologie? Anthropologie
- Out late or in bed by eight? Out late
- Pink or purple? Pink
- Cupcake or cookie? Cookie
- Truck or car? My favorite is a Tahoe which is considered a truck. When it comes to what a guy drives—truck all the way.
- Jake Guyllenhall or Justin Timberlake? Neither
- Big city or small town? Small town
- Winnie the Pooh or Snoopy? Winnie the Pooh
- Boy Meets World or Vampire Diaries? Boy Meets World
- Edward or Henry? HENRY
- Beach or Mountains? Beach
- Taco Bell or McDonald’s? I’d head for the border any day over McDonald’s. Just wish Taco Bell served Coke!
- Two-stepping in boots or ballroom dancing in heels? I do like to dress up occasionally but I’d pick dancing with a cowboy every time.
- Coke or Pepsi? Coke, duh…
- Video game or board game? Board game!